The constitution allows several types of membership.
- Ordinary Member – applicants must be involved in, or have an interest in the philosophy, science or practice of resource management.
- Corporate member – available to commercial enterprises with involvement in natural resource management.
- Retired Member – any member who is retired but retains an interest in the philosophy, science or practice of resource management.
- Honorary member – elected by members and conferred as a result of outstanding service given to the field of natural resource management.
- Are part of a recognised professional Association with objectives tied to natural resource management and land management in particular
- Network with others involved in natural resource management, gaining advantages in information sharing and understanding
- Receive ‘Broadsheet’, a four-monthly newsletter. Contributions on a range of topics keep them up-to-date with the Association’s activities
- Participate in the National Annual Conference and regular regional workshops, which address natural resource management issues in a practical, direct and relevant way
- Participate in training programmes focusing on their professional needs
- Qualify for the nationally recognised Certificate of Proficiency, Resource Management
- Receive support on matters affecting their professional interest
- Access various study grants such as the McCaskill Award
- Enjoy links with other relevant associations and societies for information and combined events
How to join & what it costs
|Per annum||Paid 1st April –
|Ordinary and Corporate Members||$100||$70||$100|
Although the full membership fee applies irrespective of joining date throughout the year, any new members joining after 1 January in any year who pay $70 within 2 months of being accepted, will have that payment credited as their annual membership fee for the next year.
To join NZARM: download the Membership application form (pdf below), fill it in and either scan and attach to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
New Zealand Association of Resource Management,
PO Box 4315, Hamilton East,